From Our Kitchen
|Posted on September 24, 2019 at 4:45 PM|
This delicious recipe is from a recent Flavored Fork Cooking Demonstration that took place at our store!
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped scallions, light and green parts separated (at least 5 scallions)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger powder
- 1 two pound head of cauliflower (or 2-lbs "ready to cook" cauliflower)
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese Five-Spice
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1/4 cup chopped cashews or peanuts (optional)
Grate cauliflower in a food processor or using a cheese grater. Set aside. (Skip this step if using "ready to cook" cauliflower rice).
Add 2 tablespoons of Toasted Sesame Oil to the pan and set over medium heat. Add the light scallions, garlic, and ginger powder and cook, stirring often, until softened but not browned, about 3 to 4 minutes.
Add the grated cauliflower, 3 tablespoons of the coconut aminos, red pepper flakes, sugar (optional), Chinese Five-Spice and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring often, for about 3 minutes.
Add the peas and carrots and continue cooking until the cauliflower "rice" is tender-crisp and the vegetables are warmed through, about 2-3 minutes.
Stir in the rice vinegar and dark green scallions. Taste and adjust seasoning. Serve hot. Garnish with cashews or peanuts, if desired.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes