From Our Kitchen
|Posted on May 24, 2019 at 12:00 AM|
- 2 cups diced butternut squash
- 1 cup diced apples
- 2 tablespoons Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 4 tablespoons Butter Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (divided)
- 1 t teaspoon black pepper (divided)
- 8 slices French bread
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 6-8 fresh sage leaves (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Estilo Afinnato di Modena Balsamic
Preheat the oven to 425° F.
Toss the butternut squash and apples with the 2 tablespoons Blood Orange Olive Oil, ground cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, cloves, ½ tsp kosher salt and ½ tsp black pepper.
While the squash and apples are roasting, brush the sliced bread with 2 tbsp olive oil, set aside.
Combine the ricotta cheese with the remaining ½ tsp black pepper and ½ tsp kosher salt, set aside.
In a small skillet, add the remaining 2 tbsp olive oil over medium high heat. Add the garlic and sage leaves, sauté for 1-2 minutes. Remove from the heat and toss with the squash and apples when they come out of the oven.
Place the slices of bread into the oven for 4-5 minutes, or until toasted to your liking.
Remove the bread from the oven and top with the ricotta cheese, then the roasted squash and apple mix.
Drizzle with the Estilo Afinnato di Modena Balsamic and serve.