From Our Kitchen
|Posted by Kaye Gerrald on April 11, 2019 at 11:00 AM|
Smoky Cauliflower Hummus
- 1/2 head Cauliflower (1 to 1 1/2 lbs.), trimmed and cut into 2 inch florets (about 4 cups of florets)
- 4 1/2 tablespoons Mesquite Hickory Smoke Olive Oil
- About 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- About 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 1/2 tablespoons well-stirred tahini
Preheat over to 450°. Put cauliflower florets in a large bowl and add 1 1/2 tablespoons Mesquite Hickory Smoke Olive Oil, 1 teaspoon paprika, 1/2 teaspoon salt, the cumin, chili flakes, and garlic. Toss to coat thoroughly.
Spread florets evenly on a large rimmed baking sheet and roast, stirring once, until florets are cooked through and a little crispy, 18 to 20 minutes. Let cool.
Put 1/2 cup water in a blender with roasted cauliflower and garlic, lemon juice, remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil, the tahini, and remaining 1 1/2 teaspoon salt. Blend, adding more waer if needed (up to 1/4 cup) and scraping sides often, until you have a creamy purée, about 4 minutes. Taste and add more salt or lemon juice if you like.
Spoon into a serving bowl and sprinkle with a pinch of smoked paprika.
Make ahead: Up to 3 days, chilled airtight.