From Our Kitchen
|Posted on May 5, 2020 at 9:05 AM|
- 4 chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper , to season
- 1 teaspoon each of dried oregano and dried basil
- 2 roma tomatoes , sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomato strips in oil
- 4 mozzarella cheese slices (or cheese of choice)
- 12 basil leaves , divided
- 4 cloves garlic , minced or finely chopped
- 1/3 cup Traditional Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 teaspoons Pesto Olive Oil, divided
Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut a pocket about 3/4 quarter of the way through on the thickest side of each breast, being careful not to cut all the way.
Season chicken with salt, pepper, and dried herbs. Pour 1 teaspoon of Pesto Olive Oil oil over each breast, rubbing some of the seasoning inside the pockets.
Fill each with 2 slices fresh tomato, 2 teaspoons sun dried tomato strips, one slice mozzarella cheese and basil leaves.
Seal with 3-4 toothpicks diagonally to keep the filling inside while cooking.
Heat 2 teaspoons of the Pesto Olive Oil in a skillet or non stick pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and fry for 2 minutes on each side until golden.
While the chicken is cooking, mix together the garlic, balsamic vinegar and reduce over low heat until the balsamic thickens
Place chicken in baking dish and drizzle with the reduced balsamic. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is done.
Remove toothpicks and drizzle with pan juices.