From Our Kitchen
|Posted on April 11, 2019 at 11:00 AM|
- ½ head Cauliflower (1 to 1½ lbs.), trimmed and cut into 2 inch florets (about 4 cups of florets)
- 4 ½ tablespoons Mesquite Hickory Smoke Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon red chili flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3½ tablespoons well-stirred tahini
Preheat over to 450°. Put cauliflower florets in a large bowl and add 1½ tablespoons Mesquite Hickory Smoke Olive Oil, 1 teaspoon paprika, ½ teaspoon salt, the cumin, chili flakes, and garlic. Toss to coat thoroughly.
Spread florets evenly on a large rimmed baking sheet and roast, stirring once, until florets are cooked through and a little crispy, 18 to 20 minutes. Let cool.
Put ½ cup water in a blender with roasted cauliflower and garlic, lemon juice, remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil, the tahini, and remaining 1½ teaspoons salt. Blend, adding more water if needed (up to ¼ cup) and scraping sides often, until you have a creamy purée, about 4 minutes. Taste and add more salt or lemon juice if you like.
Spoon into a serving bowl and sprinkle with a pinch of smoked paprika.
Make ahead: Up to 3 days, chilled airtight.