From Our Kitchen
|Posted on May 6, 2017 at 5:30 PM|
- 1 hothouse cucumber, unpeeled, seeded, and sliced ¼-inch thick
- 1 red bell pepper, large-diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, large-diced
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ red onion, sliced in half-rounds
- ½ pound feta cheese, 1/2-inch diced (not crumbled)
- ½ cup calamata olives, pitted
- For the vinaigrette:
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup Red Wine Vinegar or Pedro Ximenez Sherry Wine Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup EVOO of your choice
Place the cucumber, peppers, tomatoes, and red onion in a large bowl.
For the vinaigrette, whisk together the garlic, oregano, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Still whisking, slowly add the olive oil to make an emulsion. Pour the vinaigrette over the vegetables. Add the feta and olives and toss lightly. Set aside for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to blend. Serve at room temperature.
Add fresh or dried basil, if desired.