From Our Kitchen
|Posted on May 24, 2019 at 12:25 AM|
- 1-2 Tablespoons Gremolata
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 2-3 tomatoes, chopped (to equal approximately two cups)***
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup half and half
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ cup loosely packed fresh basil, chopped (additional basil for garnish)
- 3-4 slices Italian bread, chopped
Sauté the onion in the olive oil until softened, about 10 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil and then simmer for about 20 minutes. Blend the mixture with an immersion blender.
Garnish with basil and a drizzle of Basil Olive Oil.
***If tomatoes are not in season, I have found that POMI tomatoes are the next best thing to a fresh tomato. These come in a carton and can be found with the canned tomatoes in your local grocery store.