From Our Kitchen
Whether you're on the hunt for a great recipie or looking for healthy cooking tips, you can find them right here in our kitchen. Find delicious meals in our cookbook, or learn about the what's what of Mediteranean cooking in Kaye's Kitchen.
|Posted on May 27, 2020 at 2:25 PM|
- 12 small red potatoes
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 6 to 8 stemmed and minced parsley leaves
- 8 Wolf fish fillets (You can use any white fish, including perch, cod, sea bass, flounder, grouper, etc.)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 tablespoons of Garlic Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons of Garlic Olive Oil
- 1 medium, diced, Zucchini
- 1 large, skinned and diced, tomato
- 16, halved and pitted, Black Olives
- 1 stemmed fresh thyme sprig
- Salt to taste
- 1/3 cup of Lemon Olive Oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon juice
- 2 chopped Basil leaves
- 1 stemmed and chopped Rosemary sprigs
- 1 stemmed and chopped Thyme sprigs
- Salt to taste
|Posted on May 18, 2020 at 3:45 PM|
- 4 (6-oz.) sustainable skinless sea bass fillets (or any firm white fish)
- 3/4 teaspoon Aromatic Herbal Salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 3 tablespoons Tuscan Herb Olive Oil, divided
- 5 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 8 cherry tomatoes, quartered (about 1/2 cup)
- 2/3 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 1 (15-oz.) can unsalted cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 5 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 ounce pitted Castelvetrano olives, quartered (about 1/3 cup)
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high.
Sprinkle fish with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add 1 tablespoon oil to skillet; swirl to coat. Add fish; cook to desired degree of doneness, about 3 minutes on each side for medium. Remove fish from pan; discard drippings. (Do not wipe skillet clean.) Lightly tent fish with foil to keep warm.
Heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in skillet over medium-high. Add garlic; cook, stirring often, until light golden brown, about 1 minute. Stir in thyme and tomatoes; cook, stirring often, until heated through, about 1 minute. Add stock and beans; bring to a simmer. Add spinach in batches, and cook, tossing gently, until spinach is wilted after each addition. Stir in lemon juice, olives, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Divide bean mixture among 4 shallow bowls; nestle 1 fillet into each bowl.
|Posted on May 5, 2020 at 9:05 AM|
- 4 chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper , to season
- 1 teaspoon each of dried oregano and dried basil
- 2 roma tomatoes , sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomato strips in oil
- 4 mozzarella cheese slices (or cheese of choice)
- 12 basil leaves , divided
- 4 cloves garlic , minced or finely chopped
- 1/3 cup Traditional Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 teaspoons Pesto Olive Oil, divided
Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut a pocket about 3/4 quarter of the way through on the thickest side of each breast, being careful not to cut all the way.
Season chicken with salt, pepper, and dried herbs. Pour 1 teaspoon of Pesto Olive Oil oil over each breast, rubbing some of the seasoning inside the pockets.
Fill each with 2 slices fresh tomato, 2 teaspoons sun dried tomato strips, one slice mozzarella cheese and basil leaves.
Seal with 3-4 toothpicks diagonally to keep the filling inside while cooking.
Heat 2 teaspoons of the Pesto Olive Oil in a skillet or non stick pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and fry for 2 minutes on each side until golden.
While the chicken is cooking, mix together the garlic, balsamic vinegar and reduce over low heat until the balsamic thickens
Place chicken in baking dish and drizzle with the reduced balsamic. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is done.
Remove toothpicks and drizzle with pan juices.
|Posted on September 24, 2019 at 5:00 PM|
This delicious recipe is from a recent Flavored Fork Cooking Demonstration that took place at our store!
- 3 zucchinis, ends trimmed
- 3 tablespoons Sweet Butter Olive Oil , divided
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breats, chopped into cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Florets from 1 head of cauliflower
- 1/2 tablespoon Sweet Butter Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese (optional)
|Posted on September 24, 2019 at 4:55 PM|
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 large English cucumber shaved using a vegetable peeler or mandolin
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries hulled, finely diced
- 2 tablesppons sliced almonds toasted
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chevre if desired