From Our Kitchen
Whether you're on the hunt for a great recipie or looking for healthy cooking tips, you can find them right here in our kitchen. Find delicious meals in our cookbook, or learn about the what's what of Mediteranean cooking in Kaye's Kitchen.
|Posted on July 25, 2019 at 8:00 PM|
Serve over your favorite ice cream!
- 8 cups strawberries, diced
- 5 tablespoons balsamic vinegar*
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Vanilla ice cream
- Freshly grated lemon zest, for serving
Read Full Post »
|Posted on July 17, 2019 at 5:25 PM|
DEBUNKING THE MYTH - “You can’t cook with olive oil…”
The smoke point of an oil is the temperature at which the oil starts to smoke. The smoke point of any edible oil depends on the Free Fatty Acid (FFA) level. The lower the acidity the higher the smoke point.
Here are the smoke point ranges for olive oil and other common cooking oils.
- Olive Oil or Extra Light Olive Oil -- 390 - 468°F
- Sunflower Oil ...
|Posted on May 24, 2019 at 12:55 AM|
|Posted on May 24, 2019 at 12:50 AM|
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups freshly grated zucchini and/or carrots
- 1 cup Toasted Almond Oil
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated cane sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons dry ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
|Posted on May 24, 2019 at 12:35 AM|